Auction Terms & Conditions Special Terms & Conditions:
If you bid on a firearm with The Ligon Company, you are indicating that you have read the FIREARMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS below and clearly understand all of your responsibilities and applicable fees. All guns sold in accordance with State and Federal Laws. All ATF Rules Apply.
***Preview Date & Times: Please contact The Ligon Co. (803) 366-3535 for preview arrangements.
1. Time of Pickup - Guns will be picked up by appointment at Nichols Store through a Ligon Co employee: 1980 Mt. Holly Rd, Rock Hill, SC; A $25 Processing fee payable to Nichols Store will be added to all gun purchases. Handguns require a waiting period, which will delay your pick-up. Guns MUST be picked up personally by the buyer, and not a buyer's representative.
Buyer must bring Nichols Store / The Ligon Co a PAID invoice from The Ligon Company.
Please use the link here to sign up for your pick up time:
2. Payment - Guns MUST be paid for immediately following the auction close. Accommodations for purchasing by credit card are in place, and your credit card will be charged following the close of the Auction on the following business day. Any bidders with credit cards that are declined on reconciliation day will be charged a $30 processing fee to run another credit card- NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. Invoice - Your printable invoice does not have processing fees built in, so these will be added manually upon your item pickup.
4. Buyer's Premium - A 15% Buyer's Premium is added to all auction purchases, including firearms.
5. Registration & Background Checks - A Buyer background check will be done, per state & federal law. Allow time for this process when you pick up your gun. This form must be completed personally by the buyer at Nichols Store. The Ligon Company and Nichols Store reserves the right to deny the sale of a firearm to any person.
6. Handgun Waiting Period - Handgun purchases require a waiting period. Two visits…one to complete the form, and a return to pick up the gun after the waiting period.
7. Shipping & Delivery Out-of-Region - Guns that require shipping can only be sent to a licensed federal firearms dealer near the buyer. The buyer will pre-pay shipping, insurance, or special packaging costs to Nichols Store, and any other costs incurred by their local participating FFL dealer. Their firearms dealer must do the registration and background check when the gun is picked up at their location.
8. Taxes & Legal Requirements - Firearms are subject to all state and local taxes, age requirements, and registration (as mentioned above).
9. Trigger Locks - Handguns cannot leave Nichols Store without a trigger lock…by law. You may bring your own, or purchase one from Nichols Store. Long gun trigger locks are also available for purchase…but are not mandatory.
10. ALL FIREARMS ARE SOLD "AS IS - WHERE IS" - The Ligon Company makes no warranties on any firearms, or their descriptions, even those believed to be new or in exceptional condition. It is your responsibility to inspect and test prior to bidding. Your inability or unwillingness to do so, or your own inaccurate appraisal is not reason for a return, complaint, or warranty claim. Any verbal or written representation of the firearm by The Ligon Company is limited ONLY to the item's known or visible features, and not regarding its performance, durability, or market/investment value.
11. The Ligon Company may change these terms at any time, for any reason, with reasonable advance public notice.
12. These firearms terms and conditions are additional and complimentary to the general auction terms and conditions as expressed within the The Ligon Company website.
13. Buyers who do not clearly understand these requirements and their responsibilities should call The Ligon Company at 803-366-3535 for clarification…PRIOR to bidding and buying.
14. If you are the winning bidder and do not meet the requirements to purchase a gun per State and Federal Law, you are still responsible for paying your invoice in full. No exceptions.
General Terms & Conditions:
Online Bidding Tips: Bidding Style is Staggered & Soft Close: Each lot will close 15 Seconds after the first lot in the auction consecutively. Lots will begin closing at 7 PM and continue until the final lot has closed. If a bid is placed on a lot during the last minute of bidding, the time will be extended by one minute each time.
**** If you are bidding at the close of the Auction, please make sure to select "LIVE CATALOG VIEW" to view the auction in real time, otherwise you may need to manually refresh your computer screen. We recommend being signed into the Auction at least 15 minutes prior to closing if you wish to bid during auction closing. **** You may also enter your "Maximum Bid" to have the computer bid on your behalf up to a set amount. Please contact our office at 803-366-3535 for assistance with Online Bidding.
Bidding: Bidders are to be held personally liable for any bids made with their Bidding Number. All items sell strictly AS-IS and WHERE IS. Buyers are responsible for their items from the moment that it is called sold. When you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your use, keep in mind that ALL bidding is a binding obligation to complete a transaction. You are responsible for ALL bids placed. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, please bid accordingly. You should not place a bid if you are not able to complete the transaction.
Catalog: The Ligon Company has put forth every effort to provide accurate descriptions. All lots are sold as is, where is, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied. Please inspect all items to your satisfaction prior to bidding, as there will be no refunds, exchanges, or adjustments after the item is called sold. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. ALL MEASUREMENTS, DESCRIPTIONS AND QUANTITIES ARE APPROXIMATE AND MADE TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE. All sales are final.
Payments: All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. Credit Cards will be processed the day of the auction for your purchases, plus buyer's premiums, and any taxes. Be sure to have adequate funds in your account. We accept Amex, Discover, Visa & MasterCard. A pre-auction authorization will be performed to establish available credit. Debit cards may show a hold on funds for a short period of time. NOTHING will be charged to your card until a purchase is made. $1,000 Maximum charge to credit card. Any balance above $1,000 will require payment by cash, bank wire or certified check. Any purchases over $500 will require a certified check or bank wire to ship.
BP: There will be a 15% Buyers Premium added to the high bid to determine the selling price.
Tax / Exemptions: State sales tax will be added to the selling price. To receive exemption, dealers and retailers must have filled out and submitted the exemption forms before the close of auction. Exemption forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unpaid Balances: The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the auction company in the collection of funds. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be heard in York County, SC. Each transaction necessary to collect insufficient funds will have a $100 fee imposed. Nonpayment will result in legal recourse and you will be banned from future auctions.
Pick Up / Removal: Purchases may be removed upon receipt of payment in full. Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale. All items must be removed the day following the close of the Auction during specified times, by appointment. The designated pick up time will be posted under "Dates" on our website. Any items not picked up will incur the following fee's:
" Fits in a shoebox: $5 Fee
" Anything else: $5 Minimum plus $1 per cubic foot plus $0.50 per fragile item transport / disposal fee.
" i.e. L x W x H x $1 / 2ft x 3ft x 5ft x $1 = $30 OR breakable 2ft x 3ft x 5ft x $1.50 = $45
" Alternate Pick Up at Gallery: $10
" Alternate Pick Up at Location: $15 per 30 minutes
" Alternate Pick Up (Outside of Business Hours): $25 Minimum plus $15 per 30 minutes
It is the buyer's responsibility to provide adequate equipment, packing materials and manpower to remove his or her items. For large or heavy items, we recommend hiring professional movers. Items that have not been picked up within 48 hours following Auction will be considered abandoned, and no refunds will be given. We reserve the right to ship items not picked up at buyers expense.
Missing Items: It is the buyer's responsibility to check all contents of the package before removing it from the premises. We will not be held responsible for damaged or missing pieces once the package is in possession of the bidder. It's your responsibility to review your purchases and their condition.
Shipping: The Ligon Company can arrange packing and shipping at the buyer's expense. All items will be insured for the purchase price. Bidder may be required to verify information on high value shipments. Any purchases over $500 will require a certified check or bank wire to ship.
Keep in mind large or breakable items will be more costly to ship. Furniture will need to be arranged at buyer's discretion, we do not make freight arrangements, or provide movers. We will send items in the most efficient and cost effective way.
We document the contents of each package. If we have missed an item in your shipment our documentation will show that. Please notify us within 2 business days of receiving the package if you think something is not included. NOT discard the original shipping box and packaging if you think something is missing or damaged.
Internet Outages: We are not responsible for Internet nor platform outages during an online Auction. If you experience an issue please call Randy 803-323-8146 or Lainey 803-524-0369 directly for assistance. If there is a platform outage during the close of an Auction, we reserve the right to no-sell the items affected during outage and offer for resale at a later date.
Agency, Indemnity & Jurisdiction: The Ligon Company, auctioneers, firm, broker and all parties employed by or associated with, will be acting solely as a representative of the Seller. The Buyer assumes full responsibility and liability for any claim or actions based on or arising out of injuries, death, damage, loss of property, sustained or alleged to have been sustained by Buyer, its agent, principals, associates, friends, family and/or employees, in connection with or to have arisen out of or incidental to the auction including but not limited to the performance of this contract. Regardless of whether such claims or actions are founded whole or in part upon alleged negligence or negligent misrepresentation of Seller, Auctioneer, or the employees, agents, invitees, or licensees thereof, Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seller, Auctioneer, and their representatives, and the employees, agents, invitees and licensees thereof in respect of any such matters and agrees to defend any claim or suit or action brought against Seller, Auctioneer, and their representatives, and the employees, agents, invitees and licensees thereof. All sales are final. No credit card charge backs will be allowed. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All statements made prior to the sale of any item take precedence over written material and any prior statements. The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions. This Agreement and all documents and instruments referred to herein shall be governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina. Any disputes between the Seller and Purchaser regarding this Agreement will be decided exclusively by a Court based in York County, South Carolina.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms